Wednesday 7 May 2008

Hint of Hawaii

Yesterday brought along a hint of Hawaii in a carton from Connie. The carton is covered with a map of the island, and it was fun to locate Kilauea, where Connie lives.

And then I opened it... and pulled out a treasure trove of art goodies. Just take a look at this absolutely gorgeous fabric art doll. The photo doesn't do it justice. It's absolutely stunning!

Then I found, um... let me see... a folded paper mini-journal in bright colors, a heart pendant, bamboo tile beads, wooden beads, a glass eye amulet, and a woven straw bag.

As if that wasn't enough, Connie also tucked in a sachet of bath crystals and three small packets of entirely delicious Hawaiian macadamia nut treats, one of -- the Cona Caramacs -- lived long enough for me to be munching it as I write this. Can you say "divine" ...?

Thank you (again), Connie.


No comments: