Tuesday 27 May 2008

Carton From Carolyn Price

On Monday, I collected this lovely carton from the PO. Carolyn of "Cookie Cat Creations" included this beautiful string of brightly colored and embellished good luck birdies. The bodies are made of batiked fabric, and the embellishments include tassels, beads, buttons, and wings of golden German scrap.

I also received a set of sumptuous handmade silk beads wrapped with wire and tiny beads. I know I'm going to hold onto these for a while, just to see and feel them. At shoe point they will be a luxurious addition to a project.
Carolyn also included a guide to the area she lives in -- Mount Ida, in Arkansas, USA. It was wonderful to be able to get an idea of where she lives. Mount Ida is famous for its quartz crystals, and Carolyn included some of those, too.

Around twenty years ago, I worked in a store that sold semi-precious gems and crystals, so I've seen a lot of them in my time. I never cease to be fascinated by the differences between crystals from various locations. I deeply appreciate this gift of crystals, particularly as I know exactly where they came from.

No comments: